In 2019, I attended a marketing session on social media and using data analytics to drive ticket sales. Overall there were several great points.
During the session, one of the presenters shared their gross ticket revenue numbers and marketing strategies. The figure was around 7 million USD in event ticket sales. It was an astronomical number. And 10x-20x what most event organizers do in the field.
Fast forward to this morning. One of the people who attended yesterday's marketing session proceeded to give me feedback on their experience.
The person's main point of feedback to me on the presentation went something like this. "I can't believe that our conference organizers brought in a person who generated 7 million dollars of ticket sales as a presenter. We don't do anywhere near that number!" Clearly, they weren't happy and a bit jealous.
During the presentation, the person sharing their 7 million dollar success story was more than generous with information.
In my mind, if any event organizer came to me with $7 million dollars of ticket sales results. The question I would ask would be, "can I buy you a drink?"
A few days later, I asked the presenter if anyone inquired about the details of her organization's success. And not a single person inquired. If given the opportunity, always ask! It's amazing what you'll discover.
Want to get more advice on planning and promoting a great event? Check out the articles below:
- Hookers Host Wine Tasting Event
- The BIGGEST Secret to a Successful Event (Well at least One of them)
- Event Planning - The Customer Avatar and Your Event
- When to Start Selling Tickets to Your Event
- A Negative Question to Create a Better Event
- Automatically Generate Leads for Your Event Year Round
- How to Get Them To Your Event
- Why Well Planned Events Fail
- Getting Them to Buy Tickets Early