Wanted: A Simple One Page Event Web Site
Yesterday I attended a local event with some clients and friends. A client of mine was good enough to offer me some complementary tickets for myself and friends to a fundraising event. In the days leading up to the event I was trying to coordinate a meeting time with friends. The challenge was that I couldn’t find any information on the event, most importantly a definitive start time, anywhere. I had honestly spent at least 30 minutes of my time searching the web and making phone calls to various parties involved with the event. Of the people I spoke with over the telephone, I was given three different start times. In the end, I was able to find out a definitive time about two hours before the event started.
It Happens More Often Than Not
There have been times where I’ve experienced similar scenarios of not being able to find critical information with other big events. If I’m a web guy and pride myself on the ability to find almost anything online in short order, what about all the other people? I can only imagine the frustration level that others had in trying to find information for an event they paid good money to attend. One of the best things you can do is keep your event attendees and prospective attendees well informed.
Just One Page
The example above illustrates the need for having something as simple as a one page event web site that’s easy to find in search engines. This can be accomplished for as little as $75-$100 USD a year. All you need is the domain name registered and a simple hosting plan. The sooner you post a web site the better your chances for getting properly listed in the search engines. I’ve included additional information to help event organizers get started with a simple and inexpensive web presence.
- Having a Separate Web Site for Your Event
- Domain Registration Guidelines
- Search Engine Optimization and Your Event Marketing
- The Simplest SEO Technique
- Putting Directions Online and Your Event
- The Most Powerful Form of Online Advertising (Part I)
- The Most Powerful Form of Online Advertising (Part II)
Want to get more great info? Check out the articles below:
- Why Well Planned Events Fail
- How to Get Them To Your Event
- Getting Them to Buy Tickets Early
- Turn Your Event Into an Experience
- Leveraging Your Sponsor's Digital Resources
- The Event Promotion System - Get Free Event Promotion & Marketing Video Training