$1.48 Billion of Marketing and Advertising Advice ...
One of my marketing mentors, Eben Pagan, talks about delivering massive value when engaging your prospect. Eben is also a very big fan of David Ogilvy. Way back when, Ogilvy created an ad that was full of some of his best insight on advertising. Ogilvy gave away FREE advertising secrets that cost his firm $4.9 million dollars to learn.
What follows below, (if implemented) can take you business/event to a completely new level ...
It’s important to ask yourself, “am I delivering massive value in my marketing and advertising?” What free information can you give away to not only better engage the prospect . . . but also better position yourself? You can make a lot of money with a good answer to the previous question.
The sub-head of the Ogilvy ad below reads: “Ogilvy & Mather has created over $1,480,000,000 worth of advertising, and spent $4,900,000 tracking the results. Here, with all the dogmatism of brevity, are 38 of the things we have learned . . . ” In the ad, Ogilvy delivers massive value and provides free information to better position his firm’s services. The advertisement is an information goldmine for event promoters and marketers. Spend a few minutes reading years of wisdom that have been consolidated into a short, yet comprehensive document.
Click on the image below for a larger version . . . then, take a few minutes to read through some of Ogilvy's best advice. Regardless of when the piece was published, the information is still relevant today!
Want to get more great info? Check out the articles below:
- David Ogilvy's "Secret Weapon" for Advertising Success (Video)
- Advertising and Marketing that Sells
- A "Must Follow" Event Advertising Strategy
- Get Your Audience Involved Through Their Emotions
- Web Copy Argument: Short or Long?
- Promotional Headlines for Your Event Marketing
- Is Your Text the Right Color?
- Two Amazingly Powerful Event Survey Questions
- Proofing your Work On Paper
- The Event Promotion System
Get Your Free Event Promotion & Marketing Video Training